Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Final Post

So overall, I really enjoyed this class. I really liked seeing the all the ways people incorporated sustainability into their lives. I was more interested in the journey of how they got to where they are today. Throughout this semester, I've learned that I'm more and more interested in communications side of environmentalism than the science. I'm still interested in the science, but I've come to realize, especially after the elections, how important communicating the imperative of climate change is. A lot of the technology and solutions are out there, but somehow, we are not extremely successful in communicating why we need to adapt NOW. 

Additionally, I took two lab courses this semester. I found that I really enjoy the science, and working in labs, but am not a big fan of writing lab reports and analyzing statistics. This made me start thinking of creating my own major, something combining ecology, environmentalism, storytelling, communication, multimedia, and human behavior. As you can probably tell, I'm still in the process of figuring it out. A big challenge is evaluating how to incorporate all my numerous interests into my college experience. 

Because of this class, I'm much more active on LinkedIn, was able to have an amazing contact in the career center, and possibly be an intern at PBS NOVA in the fall. I have grown much more confident in my networking skills, and realized that I'm great at finding resources and connecting people. I am just not sure how to showcase this skill, or find a job that does that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment