Sunday, November 6, 2016

Eighth Post

This week was Zero Waste Week and our whole class participated in it. My goal was not to produce zero waste, but to live the week normally and see how much trash I produced in a week. The first day was rough because I just finished a lot of food, and there was a lot of packaging. But the rest of the week I barely produced any waste that I didn't compost or recycle. Some of the waste were biohazards so those didn't go into the bag that I had to carry around with me on my backpack everywhere. I was a little self conscious at first but have grown used to it. A lot of people don't even notice it anymore. Only two people, both friends, have asked me what the bag is for. I actually lost the bag once, but one of the eco reps found it and I got it back. This week, I decided to research more about compost, recycling, and terracycle on campus. I was least familiar with terracycle, and dug through my trash to remove the wrappers I could terracycle. It probably reduced my waste by 20-30%. I'm surprised but how little waste I actually produce, and am proud of myself. A lot of the waste I do produce, though, were biohazards so I couldn't "see" how much I actually put in trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment